Thursday, February 12, 2009

Grandma Pat

As many of you know, Grandma Pat, Chris's mom passed away in September of 2006 and we miss her everyday. I have been thinking about her a lot over the last several weeks and have been trying to remind Ellie about her. We have pictures throughout the house of Pat and Ellie knows who she is but it makes me sad that she will never know how truly amazing she was.

I was fortunate to meet Pat before she start steadily losing her battle with MS . She was this sweet lady that loved to tell stories about her children and their famous dog Luke. She spent a good part of her life writing stories about her adventures and my sister in law Mary put them into a book to share with the family. The book highlights what an amazing and patient mother Pat was. Of course, she had to be with raising those Mallonee boys! I want to thank my husband for sitting with me for hours and sharing all his memories of his mom, which only makes me feel closer to her.

Ellie tells us all the time that Grandma Pat loves her and she played with her all the time when she was a baby. Ellie even makes up some little stories of her adventures with Grandma Pat that make me giggle.

I know Grandma Pat is up in heaven watching Ellie grow up and is thrilled to see what a remarkable father her son has become.

No comments: